logo

A shortened history of the school.


In 1931, in Legionowo, Trade School was iniciated by general Sierzputowski. At first the school found its place at 5 Słowackiego Street and later was moved to 18 Kopernika Street (picture 1, picture 2) where it stayed until 1944.
During the years of the Nazi occupation secret education was carried on the secendary lower and secondary school levels.
Mr Jadach became the first headmaster of the school, and performed the function until 1937.
Mr Jerzy Siwiński, his successor was murdered during the Nazi occupation. After the World War II, Local Government Authorities founded The Secondary Lower School and the Maria Konopnicka Secondary School.
Antoni Dąbrowski was the school headmaster. In July 1945 the first graduation examinations took place (for six students) as well as the promotion examinations for the other students.
During the next years Mr Józef Głąbiński and later Mr Mikołaj Hołubiec performed the functions of the school headmasters.
On 21st July 1948, on the basis of the Regional School Superintendent`s Office decision, the school was renamed Comprehensive School. In 1950 Mr Piotr Chruściel had been chosen the headmaster. Thanks to his and Leginowo inhabitants` activities, a new building at 20 PZPR Street (picture 1, picture 2, picture 3, picture 4, picture 5, picture 6) was built, where the school moved in 1961.
In the same year the name Maria Konopnicka disappers from the official name of the school.
Mr Tadeusz Bisiński and later Mrs Halina Hejnicka performed the functions of the school headmasters in the next few years.
Since 1973 the headmistress Alicja Sobierajska had tried to get the permision to use the name of the former patron Maria Konopnicka in the name of the school. On 8th October 1974 the ceremony of renaming took place. The school was presented the flag by the students and the school had the Patron Maria Konopnicka again. The headmistress Alicja Sobierajska, a great person and educator, for many years had been trying to extend the school building, but the financial problems of the local government did not allow to realise this great idea.
Mr Ryszard Tyrcha, the next headmaster during his years of work looked after and supervised the whole school and continued his predecessors` efforts.
Only during the thirteen-year-work of Mrs Bożenna Bańkowska - the headmistress, thanks to her and the local government as well as the regional school authorities, the new part of school was built. The project of the new, modern gymnastic hall was successfully realised later. The words quated by the headmistress on the day when the gimnastic hall was officially finished, "It is not a great effort to build a new house, the pure art is to give it a soul," seem to be very true.
In 1999 in the school building the Collective Body of the I Liceum Ogólnokształcace im. Marii Konopnickiej and Gimnazjum No 1 was iniciated.
Mrs Brygida Wagner-Konstantynowicz, who was chosen the headmistress of the school, is still performing the function and continuing her predecessors` work. The school year 2003/2004 was the last year of the Gimnazjum.
From September 2004 the official name of the school is Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. Marii Konopnickiej. Thanks to the authorities and the Headmistress Mrs Wagner-Konstantynowicz, every year our school gets new, modern equipment, classrooms and sport halls are modernized. Now the school looks much differnt, much better. Students in all classrooms have access to the Internet, they learn computing in well eqiupped computer workshops. Interactive white boards have been installed in many classrooms, and lessons conveyed by the teachers are more interesting and more efficient. It is pleasant to work here, it gives good results and satisfaction. In 2009/10 our school building got the thermo-insulating cover and new facade. Since the very beginning of the existence of our school, many teachers have worked here.
Their names are:

Wanda Tomczyńska, Emilia Urbanowa, Janina Wójcik, Roch Górecki, Maria Ścisłowska, Anna Ścisłowska, Piotr Parol, Kazimierz Przybysz, Zofia Marin, p. Sierakowski, Tadeusz Gierymski, p. Wizentalowa, p. Rykaczewski, Emilia Plewko, Anna Aleksandrowicz, Maria Zawadzka, Kazimierz Fabian, Alina Godlewska, p. Bartosiewicz, Maria Ciborska, Romuald Balawender, Janina Przyjałkowska, Genowefa Przybysz, Aleksandra Głąbińska, Eugenia Bohdziewicz, p. Kazikowski, Aleksander Chmura, Ryszard Cudny, Sławomir Šcisłowski, Aleksandra Siemiątkowska, Józefa Banach, Emilia Mikołajewska, Krystyna Gołębiowska, Tadeusz Groszek, K. Piecyk, Maria Walesiak, Stefan Walesiak, Scholastyka Karpińska, Klemens Karpiński, Lidia Siedlecka, Edmund Mazur, Danuta Kowalik, Ewa Grzybowska, Andrzej Fogler, Jolanta Dobrowolska, Zbigniew Skrzecz, Konstancja Dobrowolska, Iwona Jaczewska, Witold Wieczorek, Łucja Lassota, Bronisława Kubów, Krystyna Topczewska , Ewa Morka, Barbara Gadziała, Damian Popielarz, Kazimierz Sobczak, Barbara Krępeć, Stanisława Tomaszewska, Bogumiła Łabęda, Jadwiga Pawińska, Ludwika Bogutyn, Ryszard Cywiński, Mieczysław Mikulski, Danuta Fluks, Jan Fluks, Krystyna Pakulska, Julian Rosiński, Alicja Jabłczyńska, Stefania Kiliś, Maria Mrozińska, Eugenia Rabczak, Mirosława Sowińska, Ewa Bogdanowicz, Hanna Fogler-Feryniec, Małgorzata Stankiewicz, Małgorzata Šwigoń, Elżbieta Torbicka, Alicja Kowalczyk, Elżbieta Kasprzak, Jan Kasprzak, Jan Stępniewski, Jan Kubiki, Witold Baczyński, Gabriela Latek, Marek Ambroziak, Maria Uznańska, Romuald Romański, Renata Cedro, Joanna Wójcik, Beata Talaga, Elżbieta Baran, Waldemar Karaskiewicz, Tomasz Lisowski, Ewa Łukowicz-Oniszczuk, Anna Morawska, Alicja Godlewska, Maria Pakulska, Maria Łapińska-Tylińska, Maria Szymańska, Wojciech Sobieszuk, Małgorzata Giełzakowska, Aleksandra Jagnieża, Barbara Strzelecka, Małgorzata Suder, Ewa Czapczuk, Zygmunt Kuśnierz, Ewa Markowska, Leonard Podgórski, Bartłomiej Jaskulski, Tomasz Niewiadomski, Jadwiga Hornowska, Ewa Kutrowska-Czarnik, Adam Fogler, priest Jan Gołembiewski, priest Krzysztof Cyliński, priest Bogdan Lewiński, priest Mirosław Gawryś, priest Dariusz Bala, priest Bronisław Janiszewski, sister Brygida Karwowska, sister Barbara, Marzena Gawkowska-Karcz, Helena Radosińska, Teresa Boch, Mirosława Kośmider, Izabela Czerwiec, priest Rafał Kaściński, Anna Buszta, priest Marcin Hołuj, Marzena Kozłowska, Elżbieta Wyszyńska, Robert Malinowski, Jadwiga Rabantek, Edmund Seledyn, Krzysztof Krot, Bogumiła Dytrych, Renata Wojda, priest Paweł Zieliński, Teresa Pydo, Dorota Gadomska, Liliana Bolesta, Jolanta Załęczny, Stanisław Pazio, Barbara Jasińska, Maria Harasymowicz, Celina Kryjom, Barbara Skarbek, Alena Kaczyk, Elżbieta Duluk, Piotr Duluk, Tamara Cesarz, Piotr Laskowski, Barbara Grzywińska, Przemysław Fortuna, Agata Marciniuk, Agata Brzezińska, priest Piotr Pierzchała, priest Marek Nowak, Edmund Milewski, Danuta Baranowska, Maciej Krzymowski, Monika Taraszkiewicz, Iwona Zamielska, priest Tomasz Bobel, Wiesława Szaryńska, Ewa Frączyk, Urszula Smuniewska, Agnieszka Filipowicz - Wesołowska, Maria Lerska, Wiesława Zalewska,Joanna Rogala, Agnieszka Nazarewicz,
Andrzej Doktorski,Paweł Nowara, Piotr Nowara, priest Marek Karwacz.

Prepared by Eugeniusz Żebrowski on the basis of the school chronicle and his own memory.